October 4th, 2016
Local fun is on the agenda this weekend with Discover Marina del Rey Day happening at Burton Chace Park, Sunday, October 9th from 11 am to 4 pm. The event is free to attend and let us just tell you — it’s a lot of fun and a great way to spend a gorgeous fall day in the Marina (especially if you have kids). What should you expect? SO much. Informational booths, live music, rides and inflatables, arts & crafts, marionette shows and more. Plus, you have the awe-inspiring harbor views as your backdrop — it doesn’t get much better than that.
As we mentioned, the event is free but you’ll need to purchase a $5 wrist band to access a lot of the attractions (FYI: it’s totally worth it!).
• Booths focusing on health, safety and the environment (participating organizations include Friends of the Ballona Wetlands, Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, the American Heart Association and many others)
• Exciting demonstrations from the U.S. Coast Guard, L.A. County Fire and local lifeguards
• Music from the Susie Hansen Latin Band and others
• Marionettes from Bob Baker Marionette Theater
• Arts & Crafts
• Kids’ rides, games and inflatables
• Harbor kayaking & sailboat races
• Children’s story time
• Food trucks on-site
• Plus, much more!
WHERE TO PARK
If you’re not within walking, blading or biking distance of Burton Chace Park, then you need to think about parking. Well we can help you there — for $8, you can park at the lots at 13560 and 13500 Mindanao Way.
What are your plans this weekend? Will you be enjoying the year’s first October Sunday at Burton Chace Park? Let us know!